Spaces Animation Question

Discussion in 'macOS' started by ender land, Jan 20, 2011.

1. ender land macrumors 6502a

Got a question on spaces - is there any way to increase the speed the little grid disappears at?

I find it annoying that it hovers there for a while, which I guess would make sense, but I know what space to go to and would greatly prefer it to disappear instantly.

Tried searching but not sure exactly what key words (nothing turned up).

Any thoughts/advice would be appreciated! I realize too this might be unrealistic to expect and slightly trivial but I would definitely change this if possible :)

2. ender land thread starter macrumors 6502a

I have shortcuts set but the grid still fades out (in spite of not even being needed at all with shortcuts). This fadeout is what I'd like to avoid.

3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

I see... you're not talking about the grid on the Menu Bar, but the small grid that appears near the bottom of the screen when you actually switch? if so, that appears for only a second on mine.

4. ender land thread starter macrumors 6502a

It's not very long right, but still annoying - since if I specifically choose a window I *know* what one it is, and there should be no reason for the small grid to appear.

Seems trivial but I guess it would be nice to be able to change.

5. Gregg2 macrumors 603

Doesn't happen here. (OS 10.5.8) Is that a Snow Leopard thing?

6. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

I'm on 10.5.8. When I change spaces, it briefly (1 sec.) shows the 4-space grid with the number of the one I just moved to. It flashes and is gone so fast, I can't get a screen cap.

7. Gregg2 macrumors 603

I guess your eyes are quicker than mine. The post above said at the bottom. That's where I'm looking.