Spaces, anyone uses more than 4?

LeandrodaFL

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 6, 2011
Anyone here uses more than 4 Spaces? why? how? wich applications do you have pre-set?

I have...

1-Firefox 2-itunes
3-Skype 4-iMovie

Im allways running these at the same time

Gregg2

macrumors 603
May 22, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
I have 27 applications assigned to Spaces, but I only have 4 Spaces set up. My apps are organized into "families" of similar functions. I don't use them all at once, of course, but have "families" that I'll never be working with at the same time set to the same Space. A few of them I use so rarely that I should probably remove them from Spaces.

waynep

macrumors 6502
Dec 31, 2009
I don't really use spaces. With only 4GB of RAM, I can't run too many things at once. Maybe some day I'll add some more RAM then I might be able to use them better.

LeandrodaFL

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 6, 2011
I don't really use spaces. With only 4GB of RAM, I can't run too many things at once. Maybe some day I'll add some more RAM then I might be able to use them better.
I used to run spaces with only 2GB without any issues. I have 4GB now. Feel free to get a 8GB upgrade, its $50 with shipping if Im not mistaken, and very easy to install.

macsales.com

----------

Wth is spaces?
Perhaps is best if you see it in action, search for Spaces on youtube. Check Exposé and Dashboard too, if you also unfamiliar with them.

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
I have my Macs set up for four spaces, but I use only three. I use them for tasks/projects, rather than specific apps, so I might have windows for the same app open in more than one space. Only rarely do I use the 4th space, and never more than 4.

stridemat

Staff member
Apr 2, 2008
UK
I use 3 spaces. One for Chrome and iTunes (everyday apps). One for email, twitter, transmission etc and one for whatever project I'm working on at the time.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.