Spaces Box GETTING STUCK!!!

Discussion in 'macOS' started by mpt-matthew, Oct 17, 2010.

1. mpt-matthew macrumors regular

GRRRRR:mad:
    When is switch spaces using cmd+arrow the spaces box flashes up to show me moving spaces.
    Sometimes the box stays up and the keyboard freezes.
    i have tried looking at my activity monitor, but its unpredictable.

Things i have open (activity monotor)
    iTunes, ms Office, chrome, divvy, istat, alerts daemon, MS daemon ?? (and a few more funny names)

Anyone know what to do.
    I read up on a few forums, and it appears its a bug in spaces (i think), not sure.
    I have checked for updates (non on my update list).
    Anyone have any ideas what to do.

When it happens i can solve it 2 ways. Lock (close screen, open, then unlock). disable spaces then reenable (but you lose all your locations of windows).

HELP,

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

3. Jolly Jimmy macrumors 65816

Jolly Jimmy

4. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

I have had the same issue, with and without BetterTouchTool, JiTouch, or MultiClutch installed (been testing it for a while, it only shows up sometimes, but it doesn't matter which of those I have installed/uninstalled or if I have none of them). FWIW, killing the Dock in Activity Monitor gets it working again until you try to switch spaces with the keyboard again.

jW

5. mpt-matthew thread starter macrumors regular

Not got any of them apps (as far as i know).
    Switching spaces again doesnt help.
    THanks, i will check out the other thread.

6. reubs macrumors 68000

This problem pops up for me primarily when I'm using Things. As someone mentioned, it's a known bug in SL. Maybe fixing this bug should be at the top of the list for 10.7!

7. kdum8 macrumors 6502a

kdum8

10.7!? This is a major bug, I hope it gets fixed before then! It happens to me at least 5 times a day, often more and I have to log out everytime. This is a major problem and should be bloody well fixed asap. I can't believe that more people aren't complaining about this and Apple haven't fixed it yet. How long has this been going on for now?!! It is making my whole mac less-than-usuable to say the least.

I never had this problem with 10.5, but I waited until 10.6.6 to upgrade in the hope that they would have fixed most of the issues. Not this one it seems...:mad:

8. biolife macrumors newbie

Hot Corners

I've been dealing with this issue for...I don't even know -- it's been far too long.

Anyways, in hopes of finding a solution I did come across a useful thread some time ago that recommended putting the display to sleep and then waking it right after. I was using the Control+Shift+Eject hotkey to do this, but then I thought it would be much more efficient to just use Hot Corners and have one of the corners (or all?) set the display to sleep. It works 75% of the time on the first go, and the rest of the time in 2 or 3 attempts, but it makes it a whole lot more manageable. Hopefully some of you can benefit from this tip until Apple finally comes out with a fix for this (ever so irritating) problem.