Spaces Bug

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Me1000, Nov 4, 2007.

1. Me1000 macrumors 68000

Me1000

ok, so click on an application that takes a few bounces to come up. right after you click the icon in your dock (or however you want to open it) go into spaces.

stay there and wait for the app to open,

it should come up something like this,
    [​IMG]

hope this hasn't been posted before,

2. Mindflux macrumors 68000

Mindflux

How is this a bug? The application doesn't know which space to bind itself to since you aren't active in one.

3. Me1000 thread starter macrumors 68000

Me1000

it's a bug because the whole app just freaks out, you cant drag it around, if you click on a space the app goes to the previous space you were in, which it should do anyway, instead of popping up in the middle of all your spaces.

4. TheStu macrumors 65816

Expose on Tiger would do the same thing, i guess you could call it a bug, but it isn't necessarily just with Spaces.

5. roblogic macrumors newbie

I've seen this kind of weirdness when switching between spaces too. In Adium, which I have set to be visible in all spaces, if I get an incoming IM at the exact moment that I'm switching spaces :)apple:-tabbing between apps in different spaces for instance), the message window disappears and is only visible while switching, I can see it momentarily during the switch - I haven't looked at the show-all view to see if it's stuck in there, I'll check next time it happens. Seems to occur about once a day, have to restart the app to get my window back. :rolleyes:

6. Slip macrumors 6502a

Slip

There's also a bug wit Adium when you have the contact list open in one space and then you hover the cursor over that position in another Space so for example you have it open in space 3 and then you hover over and then move to space 1 without moving the cursor and you can mouse over your contacts and they show up the info.
    I think that makes sense

EDIT: [​IMG]

7. netnothing macrumors 68040

netnothing

I've switched Adium back to only show in 1 space. I got the weird chat window in no space bug today. Had to disable and re-enabled spaces to get it back.

Spaces I think needs a little work.

I've also had, over time, the sidebar in BBEdit show up in the current space while the app was in the space it was assigned. Doesn't always happen right away.

Also apps that by default just change the menubar and have palettes (like the CS3 apps) won't switch to their defined space until a document is opened.

Not sure whether these issues are Apple's or the developers of the apps.

-Kevin