Spaces Enhancement App

Baklava

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 1, 2010
Germany
I generally use my applications in fullscreen mode in Mavericks and am switching with arrow keys between them. But sometimes I have too many spaces to find the right application I want to switch to in a short time. Is there any app I can use to switch fast to the desired space? Maybe something which shows the applications icon in the centre of the switched space for a short time so I can instantly know which space I've switched to. I hope I could describe my problem in an understandable language. :D

Gregg2

macrumors 603
May 22, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
If you're really talking about Spaces and not Mission Control (many people refer to the latter as the former) then why not just hit F8 (or whatever key you've designated) and get a look at where you need to go?

Baklava

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 1, 2010
Germany
With 10+ fullscreen apps it is not really fast enough switching to the desired space.

CrickettGrrrl

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2012
B'more or Less
I use a hot corner in the top left of my screen and have 6 desktop spaces, so it's easy to just place the cursor in the corner and quickly move right to select the one I want. This may not be what you're looking for, but it works quickly enough for me and I'm able to have an overview of all spaces at a glance. I guess it's like Mission Control, but I never use that icon on the Dock. Seems like a pain to click it at the bottom then click at the top.

Baklava

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 1, 2010
Germany
The hot corner is my current solution, too. Plus using the keyboard to switch between spaces forth and back and stop at the application I was looking for. I also gave TotalSpaces 2 a try but it sometimes crashes. I am missing the old Spaces from SL. :(