Spaces failure

Discussion in 'macOS' started by ljones, Nov 11, 2007.

1. ljones macrumors regular

Once again my Spaces refuse to auto shift when you click an application. Which once seemed to be a cool feature now is a pain and just not smart enough to be efficient. not to mention I have Office Notifications set to be in every space. Works fine if the app is open, but let a reminder pop up and it will stay with the space it opens within.

Also, finder should allow for multiple views of Finder Windows. You might want the same folder in various spaces.

2. aljlin macrumors regular

I haven't had this problem, as mine would allow me to move to different spaces when clicking app icons on the dock... When i have safari windows open in different spaces, I just also discovered if you click the safari icon, it will cycle to the other safari window not in the space you are in. As far as Finder Windows. You can always start a new window with the apple+n, which you can just move one of the windows to a different space by clicking the top part of the window and shifting (using keyboard shortcuts) to a different space. That's how I do things and avoid the whole span across multiple spaces.

3. ljones thread starter macrumors regular

Well i had normal function since I installed the system, but this morning for whatever reason this problem began to happen. A restart fixed the Spaces not switching issue.

4. netnothing macrumors 68040

netnothing

I think Spaces will continue to be worked on. However, I think some of the issues are the fault of the apps running.

Adium seemed to fix their issue with having Adium show in every space. I still get problems with BBEdit and it's sidebar showing in the current space and not allowing spaces to auto switch. All the CS3 apps can act funny with just Menus open and no docs.

Overall, it's nice that a quick On/Off of spaces fixes the issue for now....hopefully Apple will sort it all out.

-Kevin