Spaces & Firefox

Discussion in 'macOS' started by adskin80, Dec 3, 2007.

1. adskin80 macrumors newbie

Guys,

I have 4 spaces set up, Firefox is set to space 1. If I am working on space 2,3,4 and launch Firefox from the Dock. Space 1 becomes active, however when Firefox starts it is in an inactive state, therefore (Google is homepage) when I want to type in Google I have to click the window then again in the search field to start typing.

I know this seems a little petty, but when working without a mouse connected it becomes quite time consuming.

Thanks for any advice. I'm a recent switcher and love my macbook!

2. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

Sorry to say it does sound a bit petty. What solution are you looking for?

3. adskin80 thread starter macrumors newbie

Just for Firefox to become active when launched from dock with Spaces active

4. siren77 macrumors member

Actually this is a bug and they're working on it. Sorry I can't find the link but I did read somewhere about this same problem and it showed the bug being reported to the developers and them acknowleding it. It's not exactly critical so we may not see a fix right away, but I'm sure eventually we will.

5. netnothing macrumors 68040

netnothing

I'll second what siren77 said. This isn't just Firefox, it's all apps.

If you have an App set to open in space 2...and it's already open (or not) and you are in space 1...if you click on the icon (or CMD+Tab), spaces will take you to space 2 to that app....but it won't be in focus.

This is particularly messy with the Adobe Apps, as often times the window is all white until you click in it.

-Kevin

6. adskin80 thread starter macrumors newbie

Cheers guys, agree it's not critical but still a little annoying :)

Thanks