Spaces for iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by xxplosive1984, Mar 19, 2012.

1. xxplosive1984 macrumors regular

I know the iPad is not meant to be a workstation per se, but I feel that this could be a worthwhile addition (especially in landscape view). There are many times where I'd like to quickly switch between apps, but can't because the functionality is not there. Would you find Spaces useful while working?

2. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

4-finger swipe switches between apps.

You're not going to see anything like that unless they redesign the way multitasking is implemented.

3. xxplosive1984 thread starter macrumors regular

4. nutmac macrumors 68040

You mean Mission Control (previously known as Expose)? If so, I think Mission Control-like app switching (perhaps similar to WebOS's Cards-based UI) is highly likely feature of iOS 6.

Spaces refer to virtual desktop and since all iPad apps run in full-screen, Spaces isn't terribly relevant to iPad.

5. Yr Blues macrumors 68020

5 finger pinch

5 finger swipe up

5 finger swipe left

6. erawsd macrumors 6502

The iPad needs a more elegant solution.

I think you mean something like expose, and yea I think that would be fantastic. The current multitasking model was built for the 3.5inch iPhone screen, and it ends up feeling very cumbersome. Even the 4 finger swipe is frustrating since there is a 2-3sec freeze everytime you switch. I would love to see some combination of expose and win8 style app snapping.

7. xxplosive1984 thread starter macrumors regular