Spaces - Frustrating Issue

Discussion in 'macOS' started by crotalus99, Jan 26, 2009.

1. crotalus99 macrumors regular

Hi,

I'd appreciate any help. Mac OSX 10.5.6

When I have several applications running and one finishes a task it automatically changes to that space without asking. This is very annoying when I am in the middle of something in another application in another space. Is it possible to just get the icon to bounce instead of changing spaces like it did before using spaces.

Thanks,

Chris

2. Chris Rogers macrumors 6502a

Chris Rogers

I find that annoying too and would be interested in a solution

3. crotalus99 thread starter macrumors regular

Well I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one. This can not possibly be a feature.

Why would anyone what this to happen?

4. clockwrkz macrumors newbie

5. crotalus99 thread starter macrumors regular

I'll give it a try and see. It doesn't sound like what is happening to me though. I don't care that it takes me to the space when I click on the app. I just don't like it while I'm typing or reading something that it switches to the other space without warning.

It's like having my 2 year old with the TV remote changing the channel at will! :)

Thanks

6. crotalus99 thread starter macrumors regular

I tried it, but I use 12 spaces and it is too easy to loose the app if I can't click on the dock. I thought it would be alright, but it disables cmd tab as well.

Anyone else have any ideas?

** I put the spaces app back in my dock and that seems to be a work around, but this is a pain. It did fix the issue though.