Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Spaces, or live audio chat sessions on Twitter (now X), now support video, owner Elon Musk announced on Wednesday by reposting a video tutorial by the user DogeDesigner.

X-twitter-logo.jpg

When hosts create a new Spaces session, they will see a new option to "enable video," and can use their phone's front or back-facing cameras, in either landscape or portrait mode, for their video feed.

Currently, only hosts can turn on video, making them front and center of attention, while co-hosts and listeners are represented by icons surrounding the broadcast. Users have to join the Spaces session to view the video, just as they do to listen in.

Video Spaces are distinct from X's live broadcasting feature, which lets users stream video to their profile and followers' timelines. The latter is more akin to the old Periscope functionality that Twitter supported back in its heyday.

Article Link: Spaces Hosts on X Can Now Broadcast Video During a Chat Session

coffeemilktea

macrumors 6502a
Nov 25, 2022
News about Twitter is always so wild to read, because on one hand, Musk keeps saying/doing all sorts of wacky things, some of his decisions seem really questionable, and there's a lot of people who love to hate Twitter in general...

...on the other hand, none of Twitter's competitors are anywhere near as popular. I only know one person IRL who uses Threads, and I've never actually met anyone who uses Bluesky or Mastodon. But Twitter? I know so many people who still use Twitter. 😮

brofkand

macrumors 65816
Jun 11, 2006
News about Twitter is always so wild to read, because on one hand, Musk keeps saying/doing all sorts of wacky things, some of his decisions seem really questionable, and there's a lot of people who love to hate Twitter in general...

...on the other hand, none of Twitter's competitors are anywhere near as popular. I only know one person IRL who uses Threads, and I've never actually met anyone who uses Bluesky or Mastodon. But Twitter? I know so many people who still use Twitter. 😮

The reality is very few people outside of an echo chamber pay any attention to the echo chamber.

In this case - the two minutes hate for Musk echo chamber.

bodhisattva

macrumors 6502
Dec 7, 2008
Doesn’t it make more sense to say “on X (formerly Twitter)”?
I just want to see one time as "X (commonly referred to as X(formerly Twitter) or Twitter (now X) but sometimes just called Twitter still and other times called X although Tweets still being Tweets" ... MySpace had it correct years ago. Customize the background, add some music for your visitors... 😆😂🤣

Macaholic868

macrumors 6502a
Feb 2, 2017
How much longer are authors going to mention Twitter as X’s former name when writing about it? It’s been months and at that this point unless you’ve been in a coma and just regained consciousness or were locked in cage you know this already. It’s getting old. We will still be doing this in 6 months? A year? Enough already … we all know what X used to be called.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.