Spaces: How to send app to predefined space?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by MrTwister, Sep 9, 2010.

1. MrTwister macrumors newbie

How can I send currently active application window to a predefined space without closing the window (e.g. virtual machine)?

2. MrTwister thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you. But as far as I understand such method leads to slightly moving top-left corner of the window from its original position everytime?

3. vansouza macrumors 68000

vansouza

Open Spaces Preferences...

... Notice the + and - signs on the left. Click the plus sign to assign any running app to any given window. There you have it.:apple::rolleyes:

4. Gregg2 macrumors 603

What? You want it to be in exactly the same position as it shows currently after you move it to a different Space?

5. MrTwister thread starter macrumors newbie

I did not get that. :confused:

6. MrTwister thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes. I try hard to arrange my windows. :rolleyes:

7. calderone macrumors 68040

calderone

The easiest way.

1. Turn on the "To switch directly to a space" option with the key combination you want. For example ^ Number Keys

2. Click and hold on the window you want to move

3. Use the key combination to move it to the new space. For example, if I want to move Virtual Box to space 3, I would click and hold that window and perform the ^ 3 combination. It will then move to that space.

Done. It will stay in the same position as well.

8. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

That's exactly the solution posted in the link I provided in post #2 of this thread, but the OP didn't care for that solution.

9. Gregg2 macrumors 603

Slowly reach for your tape measure. Once secured in your hand, open a desk drawer. Gently place the tape measure in the drawer. Now close the drawer. It's best to use a drawer with a lock. Lock it and let your dog eat the key.

10. boscobilly macrumors newbie

boscobilly

Use Expose'

If you use Expose' just show your Spaces in Expose' (upper left corner for me) and drag the window to whatever Space you want. Your app will then be open in two (2) Spaces.

11. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Thanks for sharing, but if you had read the thread, you'd know that that has already been suggested a few times and the OP didn't like that solution.