"Spaces" in a broken state, severe probs

Discussion in 'macOS' started by teekayx, Nov 2, 2007.

1. teekayx macrumors newbie

Apparently Spaces isn't quite polished up yet:

Apart from the bugs that some people here have already reported that their programs keep appearing in the wrong space, or simply dont remember in which space they should open up, I have encountered another bug, which is really troublesome:

If you have like 4 spaces and you have Safari let's say in Space 1, and keep working in space 4, then when you click on the safari dock icon, spaces automatically moves over to the 1st space.
    Well after some time it doesn't do that at all. You can keep on hammering safari's dock icon but to no use at all: Spaces wont move. It gets even worse: The windows of safari (or any other program affected by it, even textedit had this prob with me) just become invisible alltogether and are not accessible at all in any space. The only remebed is to turn off spaces and turn it on again in system preferences.

2. zakatov macrumors 6502a

zakatov

You better not be the same guy that just posted an exact same question yesterday. If you are, BAN on you, if you're not, then please search before you post.... for christ's sake it's on the first page!

3. big_malk macrumors 6502a

I've had a similar problem, although only the the app Adium, so it might be an Adium issue and not spaces.
    I have Adium set to be in every space, but it often stays in only one. Also, it occasionally seems to disappear from all spaces, but I have two displays and can see where its gone. I usually have Adium sitting on the second display, and when I press F8 and see all the spaces the show only on the first screen, but the missing Adium window shows where it should be on the second display. I can't drag the window back into any space, so I have to quit Adium and re-open it.

4. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

Yeah, Spaces needs work. So does my iMac video drivers...

5. netnothing macrumors 68040

netnothing

Had this issue tonight and I too think it might be Adium. I also have Adium setup to show in every space. Tonight I seemed to lose the contacts window. When I went to click on Mail (to take me to Space 3), nothing happened. Couldn't move spaces by clicking on any of the apps at all. Manually selecting a space still worked.

Closed Adium and restarted it again, and it seemed to fix it.

-Kevin