Spaces isn't switching properly.

Discussion in 'macOS' started by efstuck, Nov 1, 2007.

1. efstuck macrumors newbie

So I have an new imac 24" and a Macbook 1.83 duo core..both with leopard installed.

I have MSN messenger on one space..and firefox in another space. If i'm on the firefox space, and I click on the MSN messenger icon on the dock (or if i receive a msg and click on the bouncing messenger icon) it will automatically switch to the MSN messenger space. However, on my macbook...it seems to work for a short time and then it will does not switch if i click on msn logo while in my firefox space or vice versa. I can reboot and it will work for a short time again...This only happens on my macbook. I don't know why...and it's quite annoying.

2. zakatov macrumors 6502a

zakatov

did you assign the MSN app to the second space, or did you just launch it there? If the latter, try assigning it in Spaces CP.

3. ccroo macrumors regular

I have exactly the same problem. I am using Spaces on a Macbook Pro.

Dock Icon switching works when you first start, but after a little while the they stop triggering switches between Spaces.

This is a super obvious problem. Wouldn't it show up in the most basic testing? I have seen a number of mentions of it online.

Funny thing, there aren't A LOT of mentions online. I think most people aren't bothering with Spaces enough to notice.

I, for one, like Spaces and wish this will be corrected soon.

4. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

Are you sure that some windows aren't getting transfered between the two spaces? I've had this happen and it go nuts because it can't tell which space it should be in.

5. ccroo macrumors regular

I think the app opens in the correct Space but you are not transfered to that Space with it.