Spaces: Mouse cursor?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by MBX, Sep 7, 2009.

1. MBX macrumors 65816

Hi

Yesterday something really strange (but cool) happened in my SL OS-X. I was hitting the edge of the screen with my mouse cursor and it got me to the other space by just doing that.

Then after like 10min's it stopped working and now i never got Spaces to work like that again.

How did this happen? There's no checkbox for that in Spaces preferences as far as i can see and i was thinking that maybe i activated it by chance via key-stroke combination.

Any way to make it work again?

2. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

You can drag a window to another space by dragging it to the edge of the screen and holding it there. Is that what you mean?

3. jmpage2 macrumors 68030

jmpage2

I think he means he had his mouse on the edge of the screen and it just moved to the next Space on its own.

4. MBX thread starter macrumors 65816

Nope. I was aware of that.

But what i mean is simply by moving your cursor to the edge and after like 1 (or less) sec it would switch to the other space.

There is a plugin/ haxie that can do this but i haven't installed it. That's why i was surprised it happened.

5. owangolama macrumors newbie

how can i turn it off?

well... i agree that it is neat, but it's driving me crazy. it only started happening this morning, so i assume it is part of a recent update i did. unfortunately, i keep switching spaces by accident now. anybody know how to turn it off? thanks in advance for any help.