"Spaces" Problem

Discussion in 'macOS' started by jlw2387, Nov 20, 2010.

1. jlw2387 macrumors member

I'm having a small issue using Spaces. I usually have my browser open in one, iTunes in another etc. Problem is that if I get a notification dialog in a Space I am not currently in, I can only see it as I transition to that Space. I then have to try to click "OK" during the transition or I am locked out of the application. Has anyone else experienced this?

2. Gregg2 macrumors 603

3. jlw2387 thread starter macrumors member

The most common occurrence is with Handbrake when I'm ripping a DVD. When it is finished it pops up to say your queue is done. It's happened in other programs though.

4. Gregg2 macrumors 603

Well, that's weird. I haven't seen that. What if you just hit the Enter key as it transitions?

5. jlw2387 thread starter macrumors member

Thats what I end up doing, not really that big of a deal.

6. kuwisdelu macrumors 65816

This happens to me a lot. It usually turns out the pop-up dialog ends up hidden behind one of the other open windows that gets the focus after switching spaces. I.e., I hear Handbrake tell me it's finished while I'm in Space 1, I switch to Space 2 where Handbrake has the focus but the dialog isn't there, so I switch back to Space 1, where the dialog actually is and see it mid-transition, but then the focus goes back to Safari in Space 1.

Usually, the dialog box is behind whatever app I was using in the space I was in when the dialog popped up. Hiding the other app will usually reveal it. Annoying, but it's usually easy to find that way.