Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jlw2387

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 13, 2010
I'm having a small issue using Spaces. I usually have my browser open in one, iTunes in another etc. Problem is that if I get a notification dialog in a Space I am not currently in, I can only see it as I transition to that Space. I then have to try to click "OK" during the transition or I am locked out of the application. Has anyone else experienced this?

jlw2387

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 13, 2010
The most common occurrence is with Handbrake when I'm ripping a DVD. When it is finished it pops up to say your queue is done. It's happened in other programs though.

kuwisdelu

macrumors 65816
Jan 13, 2008
This happens to me a lot. It usually turns out the pop-up dialog ends up hidden behind one of the other open windows that gets the focus after switching spaces. I.e., I hear Handbrake tell me it's finished while I'm in Space 1, I switch to Space 2 where Handbrake has the focus but the dialog isn't there, so I switch back to Space 1, where the dialog actually is and see it mid-transition, but then the focus goes back to Safari in Space 1.

Usually, the dialog box is behind whatever app I was using in the space I was in when the dialog popped up. Hiding the other app will usually reveal it. Annoying, but it's usually easy to find that way.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.