Spaces problem?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by sdfd504, Nov 7, 2007.

1. sdfd504 macrumors regular

Well I just installed my version of Leopard and I am trying to learn all the new features of it. For some reason I do not have the spaces icon in my dock and I was wondering how I would go about putting it on there.

2. mac-convert macrumors 6502a

mac-convert

Go to System Preferences and turn it on and set it to the number of Spaces that you want.

3. Big-TDI-Guy macrumors 68030

Big-TDI-Guy

Spaces was not enabled by default on my install. I had to go into System Prefs, and expose' / spaces tab, I had to "enable spaces".

Then, either use the "show spaces in menu bar" option, or drag the spaces application from your applications folder - straight to your dock.

Or setup a hotkey for it.

Edit: Anyone know of a way to assign an application to a spaces window - but NOT have it auto snap-to when it's launched or quit?

I like having Parallels on it's on space, but can't stand the auto snap-to when it's launched or closed. It seems to crash my 2nd OS when that happens.

4. sdfd504 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the help. I had it setup but it wouldn't show up on the dock but I got it fixed now. I never got used to Tiger all the way since I am a newbie so switching to Leopard is still a small jump for me. :D

5. Mac OS X Ocelot macrumors 6502a

Mac OS X Ocelot

Whenever the focus is on an app it'll always switch to its space, and when you open or close it (though not always close) it'll have the focus. I guess just make sure you stay on its space until it fully opens or closes.