Spaces problem?

sdfd504

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 16, 2007
Soddy Daisy, TN
Well I just installed my version of Leopard and I am trying to learn all the new features of it. For some reason I do not have the spaces icon in my dock and I was wondering how I would go about putting it on there.

Big-TDI-Guy

macrumors 68030
Jan 11, 2007
Spaces was not enabled by default on my install. I had to go into System Prefs, and expose' / spaces tab, I had to "enable spaces".

Then, either use the "show spaces in menu bar" option, or drag the spaces application from your applications folder - straight to your dock.

Or setup a hotkey for it.

Edit: Anyone know of a way to assign an application to a spaces window - but NOT have it auto snap-to when it's launched or quit?

I like having Parallels on it's on space, but can't stand the auto snap-to when it's launched or closed. It seems to crash my 2nd OS when that happens.

sdfd504

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 16, 2007
Soddy Daisy, TN
Thanks for the help. I had it setup but it wouldn't show up on the dock but I got it fixed now. I never got used to Tiger all the way since I am a newbie so switching to Leopard is still a small jump for me. :D

Mac OS X Ocelot

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2005
Spaces was not enabled by default on my install. I had to go into System Prefs, and expose' / spaces tab, I had to "enable spaces".

Then, either use the "show spaces in menu bar" option, or drag the spaces application from your applications folder - straight to your dock.

Or setup a hotkey for it.

Edit: Anyone know of a way to assign an application to a spaces window - but NOT have it auto snap-to when it's launched or quit?

I like having Parallels on it's on space, but can't stand the auto snap-to when it's launched or closed. It seems to crash my 2nd OS when that happens.
Whenever the focus is on an app it'll always switch to its space, and when you open or close it (though not always close) it'll have the focus. I guess just make sure you stay on its space until it fully opens or closes.