Spaces question

Discussion in 'macOS' started by kirkbross, Feb 17, 2009.

1. kirkbross macrumors 6502a

kirkbross

When I enter spaces and move a window or dialogue of an application to a new space, it does not automatically move ALL windows of that app. This is frustrating and I end up having to move five or six windows to get the whole app into the new space.

This is not the case with all apps, but it seems like spaces has problems with professional apps like Flash, Pro Toots, Photoshop -- it never moves all the little related dialogues and panels.

Anyway to fix this other than to close the app and open it fresh in the new space?

2. MooneyFlyer macrumors 65816

MooneyFlyer

I believe you have to hold a modifier key down. When I hold my "command" key it does this -- though I have that swapped with the "control" key. So, I assume the "control" key is correct.

Here's a short video that I watched (there's actually a number of tips in this area that are good). http://www.apple.com/business/theater/#tutorial=windowsbetweenspaces

Good luck.

3. kirkbross thread starter macrumors 6502a

kirkbross

Awesome! Thank you. Totally worked. I always forget to try modifier keys... they are the oft-neglected heros of app manipulation.