Spaces Questions

Discussion in 'macOS' started by ee99ee, Mar 20, 2009.

1. ee99ee macrumors 6502

ee99ee

1) How do I move application windows between spaces from the keyboard? I know I can drag the window to the edge of the window and it'll go to the next space, but I don't like to use the mouse unless it's absolutely required.

2) When I restore a window into the current space, it automatically goes to the space the window originated from. How do I disable this? When I bring a window up from the dock, I want it to open in the space I am currently in.

3) When I open a new application window, it goes to the space where the last application window was located. This is annoying. How do I disable this? I want it to open in the current space, even if I was in another space the last time I had an application open in another space.

Thanks in advance!

-Chris

2. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

1) fn-F8 will make all spaces viewable. Then you can drag apps between the spaces.
    2) Probably by making the app available in all spaces

3. ee99ee thread starter macrumors 6502

ee99ee

I don't want to use the mouse though. It sucks to have to move my whole hand away from the keyboard just to do that.

-Chris

4. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

Don't think there's any choice. Perhaps via 3rd party app, but using the built-in Spaces controls, that's what you have to do.

5. ee99ee thread starter macrumors 6502

ee99ee

Oh, well that's crappy... I guess I'll go back to using Desktop Manager. I come from Linux back in the days, so I guess I'm just used to using the keyboard lol

Thanks for your help!

-Chris