Spaces shortcut question

Discussion in 'macOS' started by dusk007, Nov 7, 2010.

1. dusk007 macrumors 68040

dusk007

I finally realized that I never use the four finger swipe to switch apps, thus I changed it to switch between spaces.
    Now I need short cuts of some sort to easily send windows into another space. I used to use the left bottom corner to open spaces and than move the windows around but that is inconvenient and slow. Is there any short cut that I press that moves any given window to another space. Or how can I create one. I have BetterTouchTool but I didn't find any command to make this happen.

I am thinking of something like option+2 to send a window into the second space. In XP I had something similar to spaces and with ctrl+3 I switched to the 3rd space and with alt/opt+3 the active window moved to the 3 space.

2. LPZ macrumors 65816

control-2 should switch to Space 2 (for example). Doing this while clicking (and holding) a window should take the window with you.

3. dusk007 thread starter macrumors 68040

dusk007

I know that clicking and holding works but the whole point is that I don't want to click and hold it and press a key. I just want the active window (maybe a pdf) to transfer to another space by pressing two buttons.
    It cannot be that hard.
    If clicking and holding would be what I want. swiping up four finger and four finger tab triggers first expose and than spaces to easily throw windows around. That works great with a mouse but I want the keyboard only way too.