Spaces Tiles Graphic?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by MBX, Oct 31, 2007.

1. MBX macrumors 65816

anybody know where the graphics files are located for the spaces window tiles when you switch via the keyboard shortcuts (ctrl+arrows)?

now that we know where the graphics files for the dock are located there must be png files somewhere for spaces too?

i've looked in spaces.app (content packages) everywhere but no png files as in dock.app were found.

2. ivnj macrumors 65816

What is wrong with the way it currently looks?

3. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

He just is asking if there is a placement for the file so he can change it. Maybe he likes it, maybe he doesnt, but hes asking a question and your answer really doesnt help anyone in any way.

4. mnkeybsness macrumors 68030

mnkeybsness

The Spaces.app, like TimeMachine and Expose (all found in your Applications folder) are actually just shortcuts to the system application, intended for use in the Dock.

I haven't been able to locate the resources for Spaces either. I had thought they'd actually be in the Dock.app package, since all of the widget dashboard image resources are located there.

I'd like to find this stuff too!

5. aqtrans macrumors newbie

I've been searching for this too. I really want to change those bland Spaces 'backgrounds' with something more colorful, maybe actual wallpapers.

6. MBX thread starter macrumors 65816

me too. but in this case i wasn't speaking of the actual spaces itself, since i don't think that's a graphic per se.

i meant the black little frame with the white window fills that appear when you switch spaces with hotkeys.

i liked virtuedesktop style better and thought maybe it's quick to change the graphic.

7. Genghis Khan macrumors 65816

Genghis Khan

i know this is not related and just my opinion

but i think spaces is just perfect...keep it simple...and it works brilliantly...it's like having another expose

however i do think some form of customisation could be fun...even though it would propably detract from the user experience