Spaces transition rather slow

Arne

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 14, 2006
Germany
Hello,

I just got my leopard copy this day (when the countdown on the apple webpage still showed 5 hours left :) ) and noticed, that the transitions don't run very smooth, especially when I'm changnging to or coming from the Spaces overview (F8).

I'm running Leopard on a 2 Ghz C2D MacBook with 2gig RAM. Do you think they will get Spaces faster in future, so that it will run as quick as Exposee?

Arne

lofight

macrumors 68000
Jun 16, 2007
it looks like you've got enough ram... maybe delete unnescasarry apps..

Arne

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 14, 2006
Germany
I have just noticed, that Safari was showing some fragments when changing Spaces, so I restarted it and the problem was solved. I saw the fragments earlier already, when I started Dashboard. Might be a Safari-specific problem

mavis

macrumors 601
Jul 30, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
I have just noticed, that Safari was showing some fragments when changing Spaces, so I restarted it and the problem was solved. I saw the fragments earlier already, when I started Dashboard. Might be a Safari-specific problem
Might be. I never use Safari, but I use Spaces - the transitions are silky smooth on my machine (and I'm using less than 2GBs of my RAM) ...

Arne

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 14, 2006
Germany
I don't think it's the GMA950, because now after I restarted Safari it works as smooth as it should.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.