Spam ahhhhhhhhh please help

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by jkeep, Sep 11, 2014.

1. jkeep macrumors member

Hi,

Ive suddenly started to get about 10-15 spam a day from what seems to be about 5 addresses.

Can I block an address or at least have mail reccognise it and put it strait
    to junk.

Kindest,

Jeff

P.S I,m on me.com and have had very little spam previously

2. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

3. jkeep, Sep 11, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2014

jkeep thread starter macrumors member

Already been doing that, I need to block the senders, can this be done?

Kindest,

Jeff

4. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

You can make a rule like this with the senders info in there.

You can also make a rule to treat any sender that is not in your address book as junk.

[​IMG]

5. campyguy macrumors 68040

Bwah hah hah ha. Good one. Sorry, but that's funny.

Once you're on a spambot's list, you're done. I offer that from experience. Somehow, I'm on the same list you are - it started a few weeks ago, out of the blue (out of the cloud, rather). Do, report that spam. I did, and it diminished - but it's still coming. What's annoying is that I've given out that email to two parties - two of my attorneys, and to Apple - as it's my iTunes/App Store ID. Given the number of posts like yours, I KNOW its not my attorneys spamming you. Apple has had some kind of email breach - the email address my spam is targeted to - shortfirstname.middleinitial.lastname @me.com or @icloud.com - and that I get my spam in pairs, one to me.com and the next to @icloud.com, but never to @mac.com, over and over again has led me to surmise that Apple's been breached somehow. My attorneys don't have my @mac or @me email addresses.

You can block them, or report them - once you get spam, you're either going to have to deal with it, ignore it, or delete the account. Basically, you're on a list and you're fscked. Just like @me. Or just like @icloud. Yeah, I just came up with that. I have a Gmail account that has been getting spam for 8 years - but I still need it for a lawsuit, but my 2 others have never had a spam message. Once my suit is done, I'm deleting that account - since Apple won't let me change my iTS and App Store accounts, I like my Spam with eggs, over medium, or with rice and nori, Hawaiian-style. :)