Spam filter for mobileme?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bbplayer5, Jul 7, 2008.

1. bbplayer5 macrumors 68030

Anyone know if they are going to put a good spam filter in like gmail has? One thing I hate about having email addresses is spam.. let alone when its pushing it all to my phone!

2. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

Well, here is what Apple has to say about it...

We'll have to see how it plays out in reality. The .Mac spam filter has gotten mixed reviews over the years, having only added spam filters to the webmail interface last year. Otherwise, they rely on your e-mail client's own junk mail filtering.

3. TucsonTom macrumors newbie

How do I turn spam filtering on MobileMe?

I want my email to come to me unfiltered. How do I set this up on MobileMe?

4. M. Malone macrumors 6502a

M. Malone

I've been a .Mac member and now MobileMe for 5 years.

I have been more than satisfied with junk mail filters. I can't remember the last time I got junk email. But sometimes I worry if important emails get blocked (not that I have proven it yet) :D

5. Rigsby macrumors regular

As far as I know this isn't possible, you just have to trust Apple.

Having said that...

I'd echo that. I have a strange set-up in that, because I am rarely in the office and didn't want a Blackberry, my work email is also forwarded to my mac.com address. I've yet to see any legitimate email knocked out by the Apple spam filter, and this is in about 4 or so years with this set-up.

6. VoodooDaddy macrumors 65816

My wife and I have had .mac for a few years. I NEVER get junk mail, she gets a ton every day. To my knowledge she has never used her .mac address to sign up for anything online, but somehow her address got out there to spammers.