Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Peter Franks

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jun 9, 2011
Would love someone to help me out on this if possible.

I can't get anywhere with my hosting company and wondered if someone here has any bright ideas? All I get from them is we can sell you 'domain privacy'. Like that would help?

For the last month, I have been getting a ridiculous amount of spam from one domain, but can't block the domain name...

The domain extension is xxx@xxx.faith

The xxx part always changes but the .faith is always there. I tried to go into my hosting server control panel to block all emails that contain .faith but it won't let me, only @.com or .co.uk types it would appear.
Also tried **@**.faith

I can't do anything about spam on iPhone, that never goes to junk, but usually these would have gone to junk folder on Mac, and none ever do, and they're the most obvious subject headers that would usually always go into Spam. You know the subjects I mean. It's ridiculous it bypasses everything.

Driving me mad!! Anyone have any ideas? Thanks

Lunder89

macrumors 6502
Oct 16, 2014
Denmark
I heard about this service on the podcast, The Daring Fireball Talkshow. Something called Mailroute, that should do what you ask. He recommends it highly, and says he uses it himself.

Link: https://www.mailroute.net

I have not used it myself, and I don't really know anything about it.
He will mention it as a sponsor for his podcast in this episode: https://daringfireball.net/thetalkshow/2017/05/31/ep-192
(From may this year)

Reactions: Peter Franks

Peter Franks

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jun 9, 2011
Hey Lunder, thanks for that.

I will check it out, you'd think the hosting companies would just block/blacklist them, but.....?

Thanks again

Lunder89

macrumors 6502
Oct 16, 2014
Denmark
Not all hosting companies has spam filters. My ISP doesn't have a spam filter for their email service either. Which is why I don't use it :)

Peter Franks

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jun 9, 2011
I have options to go in and block addresses but it can't cope with anything that doesn't end in the usual domain tags, and this ends in that 'faith'

Lunder89

macrumors 6502
Oct 16, 2014
Denmark
There is yes. But it wont filter anything before the mail is received on your Mac. So it will still popup on all other devices, until the Mac has dealt with it.

Nigel Goodman

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2017
UK
There is yes. But it wont filter anything before the mail is received on your Mac. So it will still popup on all other devices, until the Mac has dealt with it.

I think you can put a rule on iCloud Mail which will stop things that meet the rule from getting to any device.

Peter Franks

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jun 9, 2011
Thanks, but can I just put the word 'faith' in so any sender with that name in their address will just go straight to junk not inbox, Even if it does that on MBP it will be a help. I know all junk goes to iPhone if that opens up first

Nigel Goodman

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2017
UK
Thanks, but can I just put the word 'faith' in so any sender with that name in their address will just go straight to junk not inbox, Even if it does that on MBP it will be a help. I know all junk goes to iPhone if that opens up first

Well I didn't try this particular rule, but I have used rules successfully in iCloud Mail, so I was just reporting that it might be possible.

The only way is to try really.

Zazer

macrumors newbie
Oct 13, 2015
How to remove unpollute my mac....I cant get rid of this its on my mac book..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.