Spam - how much do you get?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by dmmcintyre3, Jun 23, 2009.

1. dmmcintyre3 macrumors 68020

2. ergdegdeg Moderator emeritus

ergdegdeg

Next to nothing. Either I really don't get anything or the providers filter it all before it even gets in my spam-inbox.

3. nyte3k macrumors member

nyte3k

I get about 3-4 a day, but the spam filter picks it up.

4. redwarrior macrumors 603

redwarrior

In my personal gmail account, I have 104 in my spam folder for today. Not too much gets through into my mail inbox.

If I include all of my email addresses, which are used for business (9), I get about 500 per day.:eek:

Gmail does an excellent job of filtering though. Not much gets through at all, and so far I've only had a couple of occurrences where something was flagged as spam but wasn't.

5. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

6. DiamondMac macrumors 68040

DiamondMac

2-3 a day

I made it worse for awhile by unsubscribing to them but slowly it is lowering

7. xboxer75010 macrumors 6502

xboxer75010

x2 Gmail usually filters it all, I almost never get any in inbox.

8. nyte3k macrumors member

nyte3k

You would think that eventually... with all the spam blockers, and how knowledgeable most people are with identifying spam, that spammers would just give it up after a while, and we can email in peace!

9. H$R macrumors 6502

H$R

I think I've never seen spam (on my computer/accounts). I don't post my email adresses all over the internet and then there are the spam filters and Thunderbird before I see my mails.

10. creator2456 macrumors 68000

creator2456

I might get a couple a week on my main email account. Can't say the same for my secondary account. It gets more than enough as I use that account for random things here and there. 99% of it gets moved to the spam folder though so it isn't that bad. Once it gets bad enough, I will just stop using that account and create a new one.

11. NathanCH macrumors 65816

NathanCH

No idea. I haven't logged into Gmail in a long time. On my Mail App I haven't had spam show up since 2007. So zero as far as I'm concerned.

12. Tankgunk macrumors regular

Tankgunk

Spam free : ) Back when I was young and stupid, I had a hotmail account. Even though I didn't get very much spam in that address, I abandoned it when I got sick of hotmail in general and the forwards that relatives still send there. I get a little bacon every now and then, but it all lands in a gmail account created specifically for semi-wanted email.

13. Melrose macrumors 604

Melrose

I get a fair amount - it used to be bucketloads, but I started bouncing all the spam and it stopped pretty quick.

I've got to put a spam-catcher on the contact form on my website though.

14. jamesgregory24 macrumors newbie

Almost none. That's what I love about GMail, it filters spam and send them to a folder you wouldn't even think about opening.

15. sammich macrumors 601

sammich

Yeah, Gmail does an exceptional job at filtering out the spam. I don't think a single piece of spam has hit my inbox, ever.

And when I do check my spam box out of curiosity, there's only a handful, about 0-1 a day on average.

As for the tinned stuff, maybe only when I go out camping.

16. michael.lauden macrumors 68020

michael.lauden

now and again i'll get ads from places i've ordered books, or high $$ items from but it's not really spam.. sometimes i want to see them. sometimes i don't.

in both my Yahoo and Gmail accounts i have barely gotten any spam. most of it you could unsubscribe from back in the day, and you can set rules to bounce.

with Mail, Safari AdBlock, and Pop Up Blocker, i get only what i want to see

17. Beric macrumors 68020

Beric

18. SkyBell macrumors 604

SkyBell

Three or four a month. Yahoo has a pretty decent spam filter.

19. MacAndy74 macrumors 65816

No spam on my Mobile Me account at all. Never had any either.
    And I think I got maybe 1 item of spam on my old hotmail account in the last 6 months. :)

20. toolbox macrumors 68020

toolbox

I get about 10 per day. I have a machine at home that handles spam / virus checking for my emails

Has Mailscanner, Spamassasin and Clam Av all combined together. If it finds spam email, it tags the Subject as SPAM! and i create a rule in mail saying anything in the subject with SPAM! gets deleted.

21. theITGuy macrumors 6502a

theITGuy

Prob 10-15 a day hit my spam folder in gmail, none on the inbox...

At my corporate account I filter out 400-500 a day and maybe the users get one or two every couple of days hitting their inbox...

Cheers.

-J.-

22. 7on macrumors 601

7on

Probably 2 a month. Though check out this gem after I posted something to craigslist...

23. steve2112 macrumors 68040

steve2112

According to Gmail, I have 486 in the past 30 days. At least that is what is sitting the spam folder, and Gmail says it automatically deletes spam after 30 days. I only get 1 or 2 every couple of months that makes it through their spam filter.

24. Unspoken Demise macrumors 68040

Unspoken Demise

When I go grocerry shopping I tend to pick up about 8-10 cans. It goes with everything!

(eh, about 3 or 4 a week, mostly from sites that I technically registered on, but they dont have a feature to stop the damn spam)

25. steve2112 macrumors 68040

steve2112

Spam, bacon, sausage and spam. Spam eggs, and spam. Lobster Thermidor and Spam.