Spam popups on my iPad 2, unable to unlock device

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by rak007, Mar 8, 2013.

1. rak007 macrumors 6502a

Today morning when i turned on my iPad 2, i was greeted by the lock screen as expected but on top of the screen there was a small popup in the middle and some random website name was written with an OK button. No other buttons were there.
    I press the Ok button so the popup goes away but comes right back. I tap OK again, it goes and comes back again. My iPad is connected to wifi network.
    So there is absolutely no way i can unlock my device, nor can i shut it down using the normal method because due to the pop up the remaining part of screen (slide to unlock, slide to turn off) becomes unresponsive.
    The only way i was able to shut down was doing a hard reboot (hold power and home and then release power).
    I also turned off my wifi and now when the iPad booted, the pop up did come come this time.
    So it came when the iPad was connected to internet as soon as it booted but did not when no internet was available.
    I am not sure what caused the popup to come and how to avoid this in future ?
    Any help regarding this will be appreciated.

2. Aspasia macrumors 65816

Halfway between the Equator and North Pole
    What was the random website? Is it associated with any app you installed?

Is your iPad JB?