Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

joyss

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 13, 2008
Is there any registry for email as there is for mail that lists your email address as not to receive any spam? My spam mail inundated with horrors.

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
Not that I know of. And if there were, I wouldn't sign up for it, as spammers don't play by the rules.

1) try getting a better mail app that will either block or correctly throw the spam mail in the junk folder where it belongs
2) Get a couple of new email accounts (can be throw away or permanent) that are only used for registration and other one time events.

Last edited:

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Is there any registry for email as there is for mail that lists your email address as not to receive any spam? My spam mail inundated with horrors.
You mean that registry that is by and large ignored? No, there's no such feature. I largely ignore the spam folder on email email client

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
If there was a mailing list to sign up to not to receive spam, it would be a nightmare to keep it updated, ot to mention lack of corporation from everyone. Its just wouldn't be that effective.

Coming from the end user side is better, as only they know what is spam and what isn't. If you've even seen email get flagged accidentally, or you must "train" it, you'll know what i mean

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.