Spam text messages...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by itsthetouch, Jul 31, 2008.

1. itsthetouch macrumors member

I just got an iphone 2 days ago and I got 3 spam text messages. I been with AT&T for years and never recieved these. Now the iphone gets 3? Is there anything I can do to stop this?

2. oursfan macrumors member

I would venture to say that this has NOTHING to do with the phone you have. The most obvious thing that could cause you to get "spam" texts is probably from some type of form you have filled out where you entered in your cell number and that info was then used by the business or individual collecting that info to do some advertising via text messaging. I would be willing to bet that this is what has happened to you. Always read the fine print where it talks about what the information will be used for. This could come from a contest you entered, a survey you filled out, an order form, anything really. Some businesses sell info like phone numbers and addresses to third party companies.

3. TonyMil macrumors member

How to block spam texts with AT&T.

Sample quote from the page

4. DiamondMac macrumors 68040

DiamondMac

As long as you don't continue getting them, don't worry about it

I got like 4-5 spam text messages a few months ago and that was it....none before and none since

I also had a friend just get a 3G and got a few spam messages but nothing since though it has just been a week or so