Spanish iPhone 3G on Orange UK

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by noshjewman, Mar 3, 2010.

1. noshjewman macrumors member

Hi all,

I just bought an unlocked (jailbreaked/jailbroken!) iPhone 3G.
    It was originally from Spain, I'm using it in the UK. Just got it today, spoke to Orange directly and they scared the bejesus out of me about buying it at all.

Didn't listen to them - scoured these forums, got the internet working...
    But I still have a couple of questions, hope someone can help.

Is there anything special I need to do when I connect to iTunes? Register as a new phone? Phone is on OS 3.1.2 - I assume I can't update, but is there anything else I need to be concerned with? CAN I register it as a new phone?

There's no MMS icon - how do I set that up?

Video Recorder - I downloaded this from Cydia, but it seems to crash when I open it. Any tips?

Multitasking - I'd love to run spotify/last fm while I e-mail etc. - what do I need to set this up?

Thanks for any help, sorry for the bundle of Qs!

2. noshjewman thread starter macrumors member

Ok, I've found the answer to
    most of my questions, so only one- please help -

Can I plug this phone into iTunes and set it up as a new phone? I can't have it lock to the original network as I have no SIM from the Spanish network.

Thanks!

3. noshjewman thread starter macrumors member

...answering my own question here...

I set up the phone as a new phone and so far so good! It's syncing away, at least!

[for academic purposes, in terms of my questions above:

1) no need to worry
    2) MMS, I'm an idiot- you just MMS from within voice memo, photos etc (though curiously not from the camera app)
    3) Video recorder - costs money, I probably downloaded it badly. Cycorder, however, is free and compresses faster.
    4) Multitasking - get 'backgrounder' from Cydia

4. Badfoot macrumors 6502

Glad we could help, don't be afraid to ask again in future, that's how you learn.