Spanish keyboard for MS office for mac 2011

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Sossity, Apr 27, 2015.

1. Sossity macrumors 6502a

Anybody know how to get this? I tried looking it up within office, but could not get a clear answer.

I have to type some papers in Spanish for my class and need it to have the accents and correct spelling.

2. Rendergroup macrumors member

Rendergroup

Change your keyboard to US International - PC , the best is to use Spanish-ISO

3. Sossity thread starter macrumors 6502a

How and where in the app do I do this? I am on a macbook pro running the mac version office

4. Rendergroup macrumors member

Rendergroup

Open:

Preferences | Keyboard | Input Sources | Click on + symbol and scroll until you find Spanish, then choose Spanish - ISO

Repeat for US International - PC

Finally, put a check in the "show input menu in the bar" so you can see the flag for English or Spanish input.

Hope it helps,

Saludos

5. Sossity thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks I found the keyboard input, but now when I have automatic spelling red line highlighting for misspelled words, I right click to correct the spelling, and all the replacement words are Spanish, when I have the English keyboard selected in the menu bar.

6. rei101 macrumors 6502a

To have an accent press Option+e and then the letter: é á í ó ú, Option+e and then a or i or u...

For the ñ, same thing Option+n and then n. That is with the English keyboard.

For the spell check just right click and choose the Spanish dictionary. I always use English keyboards and my first language is Spanish, I run everything in English.