Spanish Spell Check in Mail

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by orangeoblio, Apr 30, 2008.

1. orangeoblio macrumors newbie

I use Mail as my email application in Leopard, and write emails in both English and Spanish. If I add a Spanish dictionary to the dictionary App will that atomatically be used in spell check as well? If so does anyone have and recomendations? If not what can I do to have spell check in both languages?
    THANK YOU!!

2. ifiworkedformac macrumors newbie

MULTILINGUAL!!! YEA!! HOORAY!! ¡Qué Viva Multi-lingüe!

There is a new function that should have been shouted from the rooftops, that is already built-in to the OSX Leopard Spelling and Grammar system. It is the Multilingual option, and it automatically sense what language you are using,, and provides feedback (red squigglies) accordingly. It is a joy to use, and works in-line with any standard test-field in the whole system, including Mail, Safari, etc.

When you are typing text in Mail (or where-ever) right-click (ctrl-click) to get the contextual menu to pop, select Spelling and Grammar -> Show Spelling and Grammar. Then, from the pull-down options, select the Multilingual option. It's like butter.
    :):apple::):apple::)

3. motherlandmac macrumors newbie

when I ctrl+click in within mail (leopard) i get only option to create a new 'to do' is that a OS update issue?

also, I can get any results from clicking in preferences with mail--that is to say "are there any preferences, in mail?"