Sparrow now using integrated graphics!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by natebookpro, Jul 12, 2012.

1. natebookpro macrumors 6502a

The newest Sparrow update has fixed the issue where it was requiring discrete graphics. Everything is now working perfectly on the integrated graphics on my rMBP. Just thought I would put this out there for people like me who had stopped using it because of the battery drain.

2. JH4DC5 macrumors member

finally. i've been waiting for this day to come.:D

3. natebookpro thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ditto that. As far as I'm concerned, for most users, Sparrow is probably the best mail app there is on OS X. And for anyone reading this who doesn't have Sparrow... I just saw that it went on sale for $4.99.

4. danb77 macrumors 6502

How do I find out if an app is using discrete graphics?

5. natebookpro thread starter macrumors 6502a

Theres a little application called gfxCardStatus that lets you see if your computer is using discrete or integrated.

6. terrymaz macrumors regular

What is so great about sparrow? Someone please explain how it is better than the regular osx mail. I have my yahoo and MobileMe synced to the regular mail app on osx. Would love to hear the benefits of sparrow :cool:

7. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

If you use Gmail, it's a MUST.

If you use Exchange, Mail wins.

Other than those two scenarios... it's just personal preference.

8. terrymaz macrumors regular

Thanks....I only use gmail for my junk account. Yahoo, MobileMe, and exchange for work. Looks like i stay with mail. I appreciate the input.

9. natebookpro thread starter macrumors 6502a

Just a real clean interface, fast search, nice notifications without growl, and tight integration with Gmail. For $4.99 I think its a steal and for $9.99 I'm still super pleased that I bought it. If it was $20 or $30 I'd have a tougher time recommending it, but for the price its a great little program, especially if you use Gmail.