Sparrow search functionality

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Rusty33, Jul 25, 2011.

1. Rusty33 macrumors 6502

Rusty33

Hello fellow Sparrow users,

I am a longtime user of the program, and have only just recently noticed that its search functionality is not very robust. Specifically, I have come to realize that its search results are not as 'thorough' as those made through the webmail interface, or even through apple mail.

e.g. a search for the term "willingness" turns up 87 hits in the webmail interface and 12 through Sparrow...

I absolutely love sparrow in every other facet, but am becoming increasingly frustrated with its incomplete search functionality. Does anyone have any suggestions that may enable me to increase the yield of my results?

Many thanks!

2. elppa macrumors 68040

elppa

The best thing to do is to speak with the developer about how you think the search should work.

Provide them with the string you entered, an example of the email you wanted it to find and they will likely be able to diagnose why it wasn't found and improve Sparrow in the future.

3. Rusty33 thread starter macrumors 6502

Rusty33

This is actually a fantastic call - why I did not think of this is beyond me...

4. Michaelgtrusa macrumors 604

Michaelgtrusa

5. Rusty33 thread starter macrumors 6502

Rusty33

I would love to - do you have any details as to how I could go about doing so?