Sparrow search functionality

Rusty33

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 8, 2011
Australia
Hello fellow Sparrow users,

I am a longtime user of the program, and have only just recently noticed that its search functionality is not very robust. Specifically, I have come to realize that its search results are not as 'thorough' as those made through the webmail interface, or even through apple mail.

e.g. a search for the term "willingness" turns up 87 hits in the webmail interface and 12 through Sparrow...

I absolutely love sparrow in every other facet, but am becoming increasingly frustrated with its incomplete search functionality. Does anyone have any suggestions that may enable me to increase the yield of my results?

Many thanks!

elppa

macrumors 68040
Nov 26, 2003
The best thing to do is to speak with the developer about how you think the search should work.

Provide them with the string you entered, an example of the email you wanted it to find and they will likely be able to diagnose why it wasn't found and improve Sparrow in the future.

Rusty33

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 8, 2011
Australia
The best thing to do is to speak with the developer about how you think the search should work.

Provide them with the string you entered, an example of the email you wanted it to find and they will likely be able to diagnose why it wasn't found and improve Sparrow in the future.
This is actually a fantastic call - why I did not think of this is beyond me...