Sparrow?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by SirStrumalot, Nov 16, 2011.

1. SirStrumalot macrumors 6502

How is Sparrow compared to Mail 5? I really don't want to upgrade to Lion but could use the new features included with mail. Also, can you put a password on Sparrow?

2. r0k, Nov 16, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2011

r0k macrumors 68040

r0k

Sorry I don't know much about Sparrow. I use mail.app and when I need something a little more flexible, I use Mozilla Thunderbird. If mail.app is the only reason you are considering Lion, I suggest you hold off a while. The easiest thing to do is try the Sparrow trial. It's free. If you like it, it's only ten bucks. If you upgrade to Lion and don't like mail.app, you get to keep sparrow. I think your next step should be to download the sparrow trial. If you decide you like it, a quick trip to the OS X app store and it's yours.

Ok I did download and try Sparrow. I like it but the free version only works with gmail which is adequate but I can't give much of a verdict without buying the full version which probably won't happen for a while as I am limping along just fine with mail.app.

3. John T macrumors 68020

John T

I use it for gmail and yahoo. No problems - does what it says on the tin.

4. SirStrumalot thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for your opinions guys. Think I'll download the trial like rOk suggested. Btw, it doesn't support Windows Live/Hotmail?