Sparrow

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by mblank83, Jul 21, 2012.

1. mblank83 macrumors member

Hey guys I was just wondering, is Sparrow worth the 10$?

Now that Sparrow is bought by Google, is it still worth it to buy it? Or..

And do I have to pay 2ce for the mac app and the iphone app?

2. MacDawg macrumors Core

MacDawg

Yes, the Mac app and the iPhone app are bought separately

Still a good app, but I would wait a bit to see how things shake out myself

You can read up on the latest info in this thread

3. gorskiegangsta macrumors 65816

gorskiegangsta

IMHO, given the sleekness of Sparrow's interface and the number of features it already has, it is well worth the $10. Now, I would get the lite version, to try it out first. As for the iOS version, yes, you'll have to buy, and pay for, that separately.

4. cmdrmac macrumors regular

I highly recommend trying the lite version as it will give you an idea of how the regular version is and whether Sparrow will meet your needs. I find Sparrow a very rewarding software due to its ease of use and what I consider a fairly minimalistic approach to reading/composing email.

5. kmpoboy2 macrumors 6502

kmpoboy2

To be honest, download the lite version and use that one. The only difference is that the lite version has ads.

I wouldn't recommend to buy the paid version to anyone since they stated that they're not working with the app anymore and only going to work with gmail projects.

6. 28Gauge macrumors 6502

28Gauge

I have had the iMac version of Sparrow for about 6 months now and I couldn't be happier with it. I have multiple Gmail and Yahoo email accounts and the default Apple mail app always had problems with my Gmail accounts. Now that Google has bought Sparrow, I sure hope they don't screw it up!

7. pasipple macrumors 6502a

pasipple

Bear In Mind...

That the developers of Sparrow have already stated that they will not be adding any new features going forward. They will address bugs or errors only. So Sparrow is done from here on in....

8. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

I love it in general on my MBP, but I find that it's pretty slow in retrieving my GMail for some reason. Definitely try the lite version first.

9. njean777 macrumors 6502

Always try a lite version if they have it first, its free and you can get your answer from actually being able to use it.

10. etsi macrumors regular

11. aawil macrumors 6502a

aawil

After one day with apple's ML mail app I'm back to sparrow till it doesn't work anymore.

12. aawil macrumors 6502a

aawil