Sparsebundle Not Updating

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by KellyBoo, Mar 16, 2013.

1. KellyBoo macrumors newbie

I don't think that my Time Capsule is updating. If I go into the Capsule, the sparsebundle says it was last updated in September 2008! My Time Machine continues to back up daily. But I've set it to sync to the Time Capsule, and it doesn't appear to be doing that.

I'm getting no error message when I go into the Time Capsule, but am concerned about the date.

2. mooblie macrumors 6502

mooblie

FWIW, my Time Capsule Sparsebundle always shows the time it was last updated. You sure you're looking at the RIGHT Sparsebundle? Is Time Capsule using some OTHER Sparsebundle?

Time Machine Prefs will tell you WHERE it's backing up - the first line called "Name:"

3. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

Select the sparse bundle in Finder then hit command-i and look at the top of the window that comes up. That should be a created and modified date there. The modified date will be the last time it backed up.

4. KellyBoo thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you, Weaselboy. I followed your suggestion. The created date and the modified date are both September 2008. I have double checked, and re-completed, the set up to Time Capsule (System Prefs, Time Machine, back up to Time Machine.) The sparsebundle is still showing 2008. Is there any way to overwrite the 2008 sparsebundle with a newer version manually?

5. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

You could just erase the Time Capsule disk using Airport Utility and start with a new backup.