Spartan Race - who's done it ?

KnightWRX

macrumors Pentium
Original poster
Jan 28, 2009
Quebec, Canada
So a friend asked me to try out this obstacle thingie called the Spartan Race. They hype it up like heck on their site, supposed to be real nasty.

We went this weekend, registered for the Super Spartan (12 km/8 mi. course). The tag line on the site says : "You'll know at the finish line".

Well, I got say one thing. This guy, totally clueless :

IMG_0488.JPG

This guy, he knows :

DSC02905.JPG

(yeah, it's the same guy... kinda looks like me too...) Heck of a fun race, I suggest it to anyone who's fit and looking for a challenge.

KnightWRX

macrumors Pentium
Original poster
Jan 28, 2009
Quebec, Canada
I saw tough Mudder, we should be getting an event around here next year in July, might check it out after doing the Spartan Beast/Sprint

soloer

macrumors 6502a
Sep 27, 2004
Omaha
I just did Warrior Dash this weekend. It was fun, but they really dumb down the obstacles to make sure everyone can do them (at least here in NE). How does Spartan Race compare to Warrior Dash? I know Tough Mudder is harder for sure, so I may do that next.

KnightWRX

macrumors Pentium
Original poster
Jan 28, 2009
Quebec, Canada
I just did Warrior Dash this weekend. It was fun, but they really dumb down the obstacles to make sure everyone can do them (at least here in NE). How does Spartan Race compare to Warrior Dash? I know Tough Mudder is harder for sure, so I may do that next.
Dunno how it compares. I know the obstacles were standard fare "phys ed.", no stepping blocks or anything that you could use to help, 1 attempt and on failures, burpies (jumping jacks into a push-up) galores.

Barb wires were real, as the blood on my face shows (yes, almost lost an eye there...).

Liquorpuki

macrumors 68020
Jun 18, 2009
City of Angels
I've done a Gladiator Rock n Run, which is the mud run created by Nitro from American Gladiators. All the mud runs are pretty much the same except for Tuff Mudder, which is harder.

The race I wanna do is Run for Your Life but that one gets booked quickly. They got people dressed up as zombies trying to chase you

Iscariot

macrumors 68030
Aug 16, 2007
Toronteazy
The obstacle courses on these races are often way too easy for me, and they're my MO for running them at all, being a poor distance runner. This year I'm going to try the tough mudder, almost entirely because they electrocute you. If that doesn't give me an andrenaline rush, I'm going to have to take up playing in traffic.

KnightWRX

macrumors Pentium
Original poster
Jan 28, 2009
Quebec, Canada
The obstacle courses on these races are often way too easy for me, and they're my MO for running them at all, being a poor distance runner. This year I'm going to try the tough mudder, almost entirely because they electrocute you. If that doesn't give me an andrenaline rush, I'm going to have to take up playing in traffic.
There was a battery operated barb wire obstacle this year at the Spartan Race I went to. People said after a while, you just became numb to it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.