Spartan Race - who's done it ?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by KnightWRX, Jun 11, 2012.

1. KnightWRX macrumors Pentium

KnightWRX

So a friend asked me to try out this obstacle thingie called the Spartan Race. They hype it up like heck on their site, supposed to be real nasty.

We went this weekend, registered for the Super Spartan (12 km/8 mi. course). The tag line on the site says : "You'll know at the finish line".

Well, I got say one thing. This guy, totally clueless :

IMG_0488.JPG

This guy, he knows :

DSC02905.JPG

(yeah, it's the same guy... kinda looks like me too...) Heck of a fun race, I suggest it to anyone who's fit and looking for a challenge.

2. eternlgladiator macrumors 68000

eternlgladiator

I haven't done it but I'm considering one at the end of summer called the tough mudder. There's also the warrior dash.

3. KnightWRX thread starter macrumors Pentium

KnightWRX

I saw tough Mudder, we should be getting an event around here next year in July, might check it out after doing the Spartan Beast/Sprint

4. soloer macrumors 6502a

soloer

I just did Warrior Dash this weekend. It was fun, but they really dumb down the obstacles to make sure everyone can do them (at least here in NE). How does Spartan Race compare to Warrior Dash? I know Tough Mudder is harder for sure, so I may do that next.

5. KnightWRX thread starter macrumors Pentium

KnightWRX

Dunno how it compares. I know the obstacles were standard fare "phys ed.", no stepping blocks or anything that you could use to help, 1 attempt and on failures, burpies (jumping jacks into a push-up) galores.

Barb wires were real, as the blood on my face shows (yes, almost lost an eye there...).

6. ejb190 macrumors 65816

ejb190

Have you guys seen the Zombie Runs?
    http://runforyourlives.com/

Might just inspire me to my best 5k time ever - obstacles or not!!!

7. soloer macrumors 6502a

soloer

I think I'd be laughing too much for my best 5k time ever... now put a speedy and scantily clad woman just ahead of me.. then I might have my best time!

8. Liquorpuki macrumors 68020

Liquorpuki

I've done a Gladiator Rock n Run, which is the mud run created by Nitro from American Gladiators. All the mud runs are pretty much the same except for Tuff Mudder, which is harder.

The race I wanna do is Run for Your Life but that one gets booked quickly. They got people dressed up as zombies trying to chase you

9. Iscariot macrumors 68030

Iscariot

The obstacle courses on these races are often way too easy for me, and they're my MO for running them at all, being a poor distance runner. This year I'm going to try the tough mudder, almost entirely because they electrocute you. If that doesn't give me an andrenaline rush, I'm going to have to take up playing in traffic.

10. KnightWRX thread starter macrumors Pentium

KnightWRX

There was a battery operated barb wire obstacle this year at the Spartan Race I went to. People said after a while, you just became numb to it.