Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

joetronic

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 9, 2004
New Oxford, PA
How do you update a shuffle with songs you select. I would like to be able to put specific albums on it, and not always use a playlist. Or do I have to make a playlist for the album I want? Sorry if this doesn't make sence, its been one of those days. I don't have my shuffle yet, but want to get all my peas in a row before it arives today.

Thanks

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
I've discovered the knack for this by a bit of messing around.

With the Browse button clicked and the Artist & Album panes open, select your album. Then ensuring that you've got the album listed by track number, then drag them over your Shuffle.

The order on the Shuffle depends on what order they are in the Song window. If you've got them listed by title or time etc. that's what order they'll end up in on the Shuffle.

mcmav37

macrumors 6502
Dec 30, 2004
Ann Arbor, MI
Once your shuffle appears in the source list, simply drag the songs to it that you want loaded. Simple as that. When you are done manually selecting songs, if there is space left, you can choose to autofill the rest. Just make sure you deselect "Replace all songs when autofilling."

Enjoy the new shuffle.

joetronic

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 9, 2004
New Oxford, PA
thanks. UPS says it should be delivered tomorrow. It was shipped from harrisburg PA, only 1 hour north of me. I wish I could just go pick it up myself. I think I should have just went to the towson store and bought it myself. Shipping was free, but at least I would already have it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.