spdf files on ipad

Discussion in 'iPad' started by monarchy, Dec 27, 2010.

1. monarchy macrumors member

Im interested in purchasing an Ipad but I plan to use it for viewing my text books.

I've purchased chapters from cengagebrain(ichapters) but it sends it to you as a spdf which is sealed and allows limited access to the file. You can't print,save nor edit the file.

Ive tried printing it to oneNote2007, creating a pdf printer and also trying to get the .spl file but still no luck. Maybe I'm doing something wrong:D

I wanted to know if anyone else has been able to successfully convert a spdf file into pdf and view it on the ipad?????

2. saberahul macrumors 68040

While there are ways to make an sPDF into a PDF - doing so on copyrighted material such as this would be illegal. Your best bet is to search the App Store to see if there is an App from the publisher. I have seen a couple Apps like such which allow purchased textbooks to be viewed on the iPad.
    P.S. Don't PM me asking how to make it into PDF. I simply do not know nor will respond.

3. monarchy thread starter macrumors member

could you possibly list a few of those apps?? I would greatly appreciate it!

4. saberahul macrumors 68040

Search for Cengage Learning in the App Store. They have multiple apps one of them for reading textbooks. I don't think that one is made for the iPad but it should still work.