Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dhy8386

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 13, 2008
Nice little jailbreak tweak - especially for those who are always wearing their headphones or bluetooth. Does what you think, speaks your notifications. Just installed and good amount of customization. Can control on per app basis.

MyPad

macrumors member
Mar 12, 2012
Just came here to see if anyone has tried it yet. I used to use Speak Events and Aloud. Not sure if those have been abandoned but I'm going to try this.

MyPad

macrumors member
Mar 12, 2012
Yeah it can be. Especially when you forget to turn it off and people around you hear texts you don't want them to hear.

MyPad

macrumors member
Mar 12, 2012
Well I got this primarily to read out text messages. I have BiteSMS installed and it doesn't seem to work. :(

MyPad

macrumors member
Mar 12, 2012
Yeah I've tried everything in settings. I know notifications need to be enabled. They are. For Messages, anyway. I don't see BiteSMS as an item under Notification Center though, but I do get the quick reply BiteSMS windows for texts. This is on a 5S.

gambit75

macrumors newbie
Oct 11, 2013
I purchased it and can't get it to work at all...on a 5s...made sure banners are on not muted and volume up..nothing:(

dhy8386

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 13, 2008
I purchased it and can't get it to work at all...on a 5s...made sure banners are on not muted and volume up..nothing:(

This may sound silly but make sure your phone is not on vibrate as it doesn't work then, obviously. Did you try enabling headphones only and see if it works that way? try and narrow down the problem.

Did you try multiple app notifications besides messages?

gambit75

macrumors newbie
Oct 11, 2013
I figured it out..I had both Bluetooth and headphones turned on and it wanted both...and not either or...the developer will be fixing this on the next update

dhy8386

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 13, 2008
I figured it out..I had both Bluetooth and headphones turned on and it wanted both...and not either or...the developer will be fixing this on the next update

Yes i did same thing should have mentioned. Glad he's fixing. Id prefer an option of bluetooth and headphones only as well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.