Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dontpanic

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 21, 2004
should i buy :-

jbl creature II

or

harman soundsticks II

i really don't know whick one to buy

i'll be using them as speakers for my ibook for dvd and to plug into my ipod as well

also will i be able to plug my ipod into the dock and then plug the speakers into the line out on the dock to play it, this will give me better sound quality thna through the headphone socket won't it

:confused: :confused: :confused:

floatingspirit

macrumors 6502
Oct 13, 2001
Seattle, WA
dontpanic said:
should i buy :-

jbl creature II

or

harman soundsticks II

i really don't know whick one to buy

i'll be using them as speakers for my ibook for dvd and to plug into my ipod as well

also will i be able to plug my ipod into the dock and then plug the speakers into the line out on the dock to play it, this will give me better sound quality thna through the headphone socket won't it

:confused: :confused: :confused:

If you can get them, you could consider Edirol MA-10 speakers or another model by Edirol. I've quite enjoyed using them exactly as you describe. Plenty of bass and plenty of bang; just simple, convenient old-fashioned speakers. :cool:

dontpanic

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 21, 2004
they look a bit big, how big are they

i don't really want ones like that

plus they're a bit expensive

umgolfer

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2004
MI
I have the JBL Creatures II and they are fantastic. For what I paid ($~50 on Ebay, from a seller that does a ton of factory refurbs), I couldn't be happier. They have great sound for such a little size. I've used them on my PM G5, on my new iMac, my new Powerbook, my iPod and even my older iBook's and they really sound good. I like the deep base of the sub and the sat's are nice and clear. Like I said, for what I paid for them, I don't think I could do any better (plus they look very cool next to the iMac). I've listened to the Soundsticks, and they are great too, but the best deal I could find was about 2x as much as the JBL's. Either one and I think you will be happy!

absolutmp5

macrumors regular
Aug 12, 2004
ge the z-2300 i believe from logitech they have a 100 what sub, very powerful, you can probably find it on new egg or amazon for very cheap.

iGary

May 26, 2004
Randy's House
I have the SoundSticks and find the sound absolutely amazing (we don't even use our home stereo anymore).

Love watching movies on the Cinema Display with these guys. Very nice.

Can't comment on the others. :)

Jigglelicious

macrumors 6502
Apr 25, 2004
NYC
Get some real speakers, and pick up a pair of Klipsch Promedia 2.1's. It puts the soundsticks and creatures to shame.

dontpanic

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 21, 2004
Jigglelicious said:
Get some real speakers, and pick up a pair of Klipsch Promedia 2.1's. It puts the soundsticks and creatures to shame.

but they look s**t

i don't wanna ruin the styling of my ibook

those creative ones mentioned earlier look good though

any other comments on those?

noel4r

macrumors 6502a
Jul 17, 2002
Los Angeles
dontpanic said:
but they look s**t

I know what you mean, I have a different model of the Klipsch speakers. While they have a good sound, it looks out of place sitting next to Apple computers. Still dont know what do w/ mine...

Jigglelicious

macrumors 6502
Apr 25, 2004
NYC
dontpanic said:
but they look s**t

Umm, these are speakers, not clothing. You buy them for the sound they produce, not for how they look. And they look pretty sharp with the grills off.

Cabrini715

macrumors member
Nov 30, 2004
Pennsylvania
I have white JBL creatures with my ibook, besides sounding great, they look perfect for the laptop. The Klipsch's are one of the best sounding speakers, but if you're buying them for the price and looks, I would go for the white creatures. :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.