Speaker Buzzing

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Cnasty, Jul 15, 2008.

1. Cnasty macrumors 68020

Cnasty

I am not the most technologically educated fella out there and I had a question about an annoying occurrence.

When I put my iPhone down next to my computer there is some crazy buzzing sound coming through the speakers. When I move it away, its gone.

I guess this would rule out ever getting any kind of dock but was wondering what exactly is it??? It is annoying as hell and sucks moving the phone all the time away from the computer.

2. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

It's normal with AT&T phones to buzz and buzz really loud next to speakers of any type. Yes, it's extremely annoying, but the only remedy is to turn off the speakers or keep your iPhone away from your computer. I notice mine sings and buzzes when I'm about to receive a phone call or sending out text messages or downloading data. I've gotten use to it, but it's still annoying...:eek:

3. chrisblore macrumors regular

It's just the interference of the GSM radio with speakers. Apparently the problem is supposed to be not as bad/non-existent if you have an iPhone 3G and are in an area with 3G coverage. My house isn't so I haven't figured it out yet but that's what people were saying before the launch :)

4. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

^^^Good point. My 3G coverage is pretty much "0" at my hooch as well...:(

5. Cnasty thread starter macrumors 68020

Cnasty

Thanks for the quick replies.

It drives me nuts!! I gues I will just shut the speakers off or lower them down real low. :mad:

6. nakile macrumors regular

Yeh, it's interference caused by GSM. When the iPhone is in 3G mode, the GSM radio is disable and everything it transfered over to 3G. Because 3G doesn't use TDMA as the channel access method, the problem doesn't exist at all.

7. marksman macrumors 603

marksman

I was having the same problem.

Then I remembered I left this running on the desk next to the computer:

[​IMG]