Speaker difference between 2016 13" NTB vs TB

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Garage Battle, Nov 19, 2016.

1. Garage Battle macrumors member

Just curious what the effective difference is between the NTB and TB models. I know their speakers are laid out different, but what is the difference in how they sound?

Thanks!

2. augenleet macrumors member

3. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

They sound the same to me having them both side by side.

4. pogiboi macrumors regular

I'm just packing up my tMBP and have replaced it with a ntMBP (due to battery life). Side by side they sound very similar. The tMBP has the bass coming out of the bottom/sides with the highs coming from the "speaker grills". This makes the highs and lows sound like they are separated from different sources. It's not a bad thing, still sounds great. The ntMBP sounds like it has a little less bass to me, highs are more distinct. I will say in person, the definitely sound different, but both excellent laptop speakers. The ntMBP seems to get a little louder.

5. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

I want to keep the TB version, but the battery! I can't do it!

6. pogiboi macrumors regular

Honestly no regrets here. While I'm sure the tb will become much more useful over time, at this point it's a gimmick. It is so much easier adjusting the vol, brightness, play/pause, etc without having to look down. Maybe with Kaby Lake comes out, I will consider switching. Also, the early Black Friday deals make the ntb version a great deal.

7. person123 macrumors member

8. skids929 macrumors 6502a

skids929

keep it..I get a solid 8-9 out of mine. Not sure what you do with it but light usage it does perform well enough for me to be able to live with it. 8-9 hours is not bad at all. Allegedly the beta of 10.12.3 helps a lot too.