Speaker docks that charge the iPhone 3g.

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Volka, Jan 11, 2009.

1. Volka macrumors newbie

I would like to buy a speaker dock for my iPhone that also charges it. I have realised that many such docks available on the market that charge most iPods (including the touch) will not charge the iPhone for some reason.

One that includes a DAB radio would be ideal, but only if it meets my budget of about £50. I don't need a remote, alarm or amazing bass etc, but a sound quality that beats listening to music on my laptop would be nice.

Any suggestions?

2. leishan macrumors 6502

You could check ihomeaudio.com. They have a few devices for the iPhone.

3. Kahalu'u Bob macrumors 6502a

Kahalu'u Bob

JBL On Stage IIIP

The JBL On Stage IIIP is small and charges my iPhone. The sound is good, although the bass is not great (as you would expect given the small size). The iPhone can produce static in a dock/speaker combination not designed for it. My IIIP has no static at all.

Note the III will NOT charge an iPhone; you need the slightly more expensive IIIP.

4. zjokke macrumors newbie

IIIp has NO usb connection to sync with your computer!

Note, the IIIp has NO dock connector or USB connector to sync your iPhone/iPod with your computer. :(
    I just bought one from the Apple Store to find out I still need to keep my dock next to the On Stage if I want to sync. What a stupid thing for JBL to do: they ditched the sync possibilty on their latest lovely IIIp. :mad:
    If anyone has hacked a dock connector in the IIIp, just let me know!!!

5. bsalvador macrumors newbie

Sorry to restore a 2 year old topic, but I just had my JBL On Stage IIIP and realize that it has not the data trasnfer function.

I solved this just welding a mini-b connector on motherboard. It works perfectly now even when the speaker is off.

See it in
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3U--Go1Kf8