Speaker/Headphone advice needed

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by TSE, Jun 12, 2010.

1. TSE macrumors 68030

Alright so I won a $20 Best Buy giftcard at an Age of Empires II tournament, lol.

I decided I want to get a new soundsystem for my computer set up. I currently have these junky Sony 2.0 speakers that I bought at a school auction for like 15 bucks, while they are loud, they lack bass and sound quality, which is what I am going for.

I am still debating on whether to get over the ear headphones or speakers though. If I do get speakers, I want to get a 2.1 setup probably.

May I have suggestions on what model of either speakers or headphones you guys recommend? I don't want to spend more than $50, so the maximum Best Buy price needs to be $70.

I play computer games and listen to music, if it matters.

2. toffa813 macrumors regular

I used to have a system very similar to this (which was also logitech) and for the money they were very good. I still use the subwoofer from Logitech with my Bose Companion 2's. My brother has these and compared them to my old ones and he liked his better than mine, and plus they have very few bad reviews.

3. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

Wouldn't recommend a whole lot at that price range outside of the Panasonic RP-HTX7. Your Best Buy might have an open box special on the Klipsch Pro Media 2.1's - that'd be the other suggestion.