Speaker & Hold problems

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by vp719, Nov 9, 2010.

1. vp719 macrumors regular

I have had my iPhone 4, with AppleCare, since the release date (one of the lucky ones who got the preorder on time) and in the last couple weeks:
    1. my speakerphone mic has died - no one can hear me when I'm on speaker but I can hear them fine - and:
    2. My hold switch no longer works - I can't turn the phone off, reset, hold, etc. The button simply doesn't "click" anymore.

I treat the phone like a child, I've had it in Wrapsol Ultra full body since day 1, keep a bumper on it most days, and never toss, drop, or get it wet.

I'm taking it into an Apple store this weekend to get it looked at. What are the chances they'll just swap it out? I can't afford to have them send it in for repairs or something and leave me iPhone-less...I use it for way to much business every day to suddenly be disconnected.

Basically I just want to know what I should expect. Thanks

2. deeesea macrumors 6502

FWIW I believe there is only "one" mic that's used for receiving voice for calls
    Yes the other mic is for noise cancelling, and im 90% sure the phone doesn't switch mics when alternating between speaker and non speakerphone.

But the second issue is enough to get a replacement.

3. vp719 thread starter macrumors regular

Did not know that about the mic's...interesting, I wonder what would be cutting it out during speakerphone then...Thanks

4. danmc00 macrumors regular

I am having the same problem with my speaker phone. I can make regular calls all day long, but when I put it on speaker phone, I can hear the caller but they can't hear me. My problem is that I don't have an Apple store anywhere close to me.