Speaker issues from jailbreak?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by likemyorbs, May 30, 2012.

1. likemyorbs macrumors 68000

likemyorbs

I know my speakers are not physically broken because they work when i use siri and they play music. I have an iphone 4 jailbroken on 5.1.1. I have installed spite, handsfree control, and speak events. For some reason my speakers now are not working for alerts, lock and unlock sounds, keyboard clicks, etc. Even siri and music is quieter than usual. Anyone else have this problem? I have no idea what to do and i dont want to restore unless its totally necessary. I really hope its not a hardware problem, i need this phone to survive until the next iphone is finally released.

2. johnrockets macrumors newbie

You are NOT alone. Same here! Been looking for a fix for two days and the technetec team is not responding to my messages. I've reinstalled Spite (not uninstalled as it will apparently brick the device), rebooted, and even checked to see if it might be anything else. Nope, it's the same problem as you have. The only thing that fixes it is respringing, which is ANNOYING. If you or anyone else figures out a fix, please do help out. This is a terrible issue as I rely heavily on my email and texts.

3. johnrockets macrumors newbie

Multiple requestes for service to the Spite them have gone unanswered STILL. The problem persists, but in an on-again off-again way. It's very annoying!

Hoping someone has stumbled upon a solution....

4. mwber62 macrumors newbie

Have either of you found a way to fix the problem? I have an iPhone 4 w/ iOS 5.1.1 as well and am experiencing the same issues. I've noticed that if my phone is locked for 5 minutes or so, the lock and keyboard sounds will work for about 5 seconds, then go silent. I'm wondering if this is another issue with Spite? Any answers from Technetec? There always seems to be some sort of bug, no matter how many times they update or add a "Bug Fix" tweak... Very annoying.

5. johnrockets macrumors newbie

Here is the fix: re-jailbreak with the latest update, and then re-install latest spite. It worked for me.

6. JackJT2010 macrumors newbie

I have a similar problem myself and as undoubtedly you are, getting very annoyed and frustrated. My iPhone 4 I had for two years suddenly decided its lock button was gonna snap and home button was gonna pack up to, so as you do you visit your apple store and get a new replacement.
    I connect it to my pc and update it to 5.1.1 (9B208) and continue to jailbreak it thru redsn0w. Everything was working fine for a couple days then my sound disappears and I can hear a faint crackling noise which sometimes pops? I turn my phone off and turn it back on and it work fine for a while again after that, it happens twice a day, does anyone have any ideas for me to fix this problem? Thanks

7. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

Handsfree control is known to cause that problem