Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

dewdst

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 10, 2010
Noticed in iOS7 when playing a song through iphone external speaker it is not playing in stereo, I can def hear missing guitar parts to songs etc. Anyone notice this or is there a fix?

:cool:

jonnyb098

macrumors 68040
Nov 16, 2010
Michigan
Noticed in iOS7 when playing a song through iphone external speaker it is not playing in stereo, I can def hear missing guitar parts to songs etc. Anyone notice this or is there a fix?

:cool:

You are aware the iPhone only has one speaker right?

Comment

err404

macrumors 68030
Mar 4, 2007
I think OP is suggesting that the loud speaker is playing just one of the stereo channels instead of mixing left and right.
I'm not sure if this is true, but I wouldn't be surprised to see that kind of error in the Beta.

Comment

KentuckyHouse

macrumors 68020
Jan 29, 2010
Lexington, KY.
Check under Settings -> General -> Accessibility -> Mono Audio

Looking under Accessibility, if you scroll further down, there's also a slider to adjust the audio volume balance between left and right channels. Make sure it's not slid all the way left or right.

Comment

cobbyco

macrumors 6502a
Aug 6, 2012
I think OP is suggesting that the loud speaker is playing just one of the stereo channels instead of mixing left and right.
I'm not sure if this is true, but I wouldn't be surprised to see that kind of error in the Beta.

He's right. There is a bug whereby the speaker only plays 1 audio channel. Try playing Sonic 1, and notice how it only makes a sound when collecting alternating rings.

Comment

dewdst

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 10, 2010
haha obviously i'm aware the phone has 1 speaker. But anyway, yeah under my settings everything is normal, mono is set to off and audio for left and right channels is right in the middle. Must be a bug oh well :p

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.