Speaker phone capability no longer works.

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by elgrecomac, Sep 5, 2010.

1. elgrecomac macrumors 65816

elgrecomac

I just noticed that the 'speaker phone' capability on my iphone does not work after I jailbroke the iP4. Any suggestions on getting it working again?:confused:

2. labman macrumors 604

labman

I'm sorry not getting what your saying! do you mean your speakers aren't working? or your headphones. also provide more info what kind of iPhone? Firmware version? How did you jailbreak? did it happen right after jailbreak. I presume you checked the silent button. what app have you installed.

3. elgrecomac thread starter macrumors 65816

elgrecomac

Well...

Good questions...should have included all of that in the original post:

1. iPhone 4
    2. Firmware: 4.01
    3. Jailbreakme.com
    3. When I am talking on the phone and i want others to hear the conversation, I will press the SPEAKER icon on the phone menu...but now this does not work. The speaker icon indicates it has been invoked but no sound comes out of the speakers on the phone. BTW, I just discovered the same hold true when playing music....no sound out of the speakers on the phone....but there is sound in both cases with headphones on.
    4. The silent button is not 'on'.
    5. Apps installed: Cydia, Rock, many themes, Tetherme, 3G unrestrictor, Iconoclasm, winterboard, backgroundr

4. Benji222 macrumors 65816

Benji222

Id restore, may be a coincidental hardware failure

5. bella92108 macrumors 68000

I notice that some apps like the OSX Volume Sound add-on in cydia does funny things to the volume (sometimes it's turned all the way down when the speakerphone comes on)... when you activate and the speaker isn't producing sound do you volume up all the way and nothing happens?

Yikes, hopefully it's software. At least you know that puppy's covered under warranty if the speaker goes out :) Let us know what you figure out.

6. crawfish963 macrumors 6502

crawfish963

I bought a 32GB iPhone 4 on launch day, speakerphone didn't work and I had to return it. Were you able to use it before? You might have a defective unit...