Speaker Phone...muffled for other caller?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by michael31986, Sep 23, 2010.

1. michael31986 macrumors 68030

so i have this problem, but im not sure if its the persons phone or mine. I call this one friend of mine and anytime i put my phone on speaker phone he says he hears me muffled or as if im under water (he has an iphone as well). the thing is when i call anyone else like my friends on verizon or etc they hear me fine when im on speakerphone, so i don't get it.

is it an iphone 4 problem or the noise mic maybe picking up other noises?

2. neild1 macrumors newbie

Make sure the small hole next to head phone phone jack on top of the phone is not blocked, that's where the speaker phone mic is located.
    If the hole is not blocked I would bring back to Apple for service.

3. michael31986 thread starter macrumors 68030

see i just spoke to the same person that i usually have problems with from home and another friend and they heard me crystal clear. im wondering if it picks up a lot of sounds so maybe when im driving it sounds muffled cause of the outside noise. even though windows are closed it probably picks up a lot of noise.

4. michael31986 thread starter macrumors 68030

Should I return it. It keeps happening. When I put speakerphone on with my friend. They can't hear me well. They are usually in the car and have bluetooth on. But they can hear me fine if I take off speakerphone